USPS Change Address

USPS Change Address Are you relocating or want to rent a post office box? Learn how to change your address to remain to receive mail or reserve a box at your local post office. 


Find answers to the most popular Post Office questions.

USPS Change Address
USPS Change Address

How to USPS Change Address Postal Service.

To let the post office understand you are going to change your address and want your mail forwarded to your new address, you have two choices:

  • Go to to change your delivery address online.
    • This is the quickest and most comfortable way, and you quickly get an email confirming the change.
    • There is a $1.05 charge to change your delivery address online. You will require a credit or debit card and a valid email address. The $1.05 charge to your card is an identity confirmation fee to stop fraud and make sure you’re the one making the change.
    • Warning: You don’t necessitate to pay a separate organization to change your address. Scammers may charge $40 or higher to do what you can do for just $1.05 using the moving section of the official website.
  • Go to your local post office and ask a Mover’s Guide package.
    • Inside the package is PS Form 3575. Fill out this change of address form and give it to a postal employee behind the counter or leave it into the letter mail slot inside the post office.
    • You should get a confirmation letter at your brand-new address in five business days.

How to Temporarily Change Your Mailing Address or Hold Your Mail at a Post Office

How to Change or Cancel Your Request

If you want to cancel or make any modifications to your change of address application, you will require your authorization number. See that number on the letter or email you got when you made the first request. View, update or cancel your request online.

Track USPS Parcel Live ON Map

Change Your Address with Other Government Agencies

Other national and state agencies to contact when changing your address include:

  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS) – Contact the IRS to change your address if you are awaiting a tax refund or other mail. You can also modify your address with the IRS by writing your new address in the relevant boxes on your tax return when you file.
  • Social Security Administration (SSA) – Modify your address online using you’re my Social Security account if you receive Social Security retirement, survivors, or disability benefits or are enrolled in Medicare. If you don’t get Social Security advantages or Medicare or you want to change your address by phone or in form, contact the SSA.
  • Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) – Contact the VA if you are a veteran who takes benefit payments or you want to refresh your records.
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) – Communicate USCIS within 10 days of a move if you are a non-U.S. citizen who is expected to register your address.
  • State Motor Vehicle Agencies – Contact your state to change your address on your driver’s license or motor vehicle certification.
  • State Election Offices – Communicate your state election office to change your address on your voter registration document and to be allotted a new polling place if you’ve moved outside the limits of your current one.

Forward or Hold Your Mail USPS Change Address

Are you doing a temporary move or heading out of town? The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) can send your mail to a new address or hold it at your local post office for a short time.

Forward Your Mail

If your motility is temporary, the USPS can deliver your mail from your old address to a new one for 15 days to one year.

Hold Your Mail

If you’ll be away from the current address for three to 30 days, USPS can keep your mail at your local post office until you return. You can typically demand this service as early as 30 days in advancement or as late as the day before you need the hold to begin. 

Who is moving?


Individuals select this option if one person is relocating. If you receive mail by more than one name, complete a separate form for each name.


Choose this choice and make one form if all in your family has the same last name. If not complete family members are relocating, OR if some family members have distinct last names, choose the Individual option and submit a separate order for each person.
Note: Registering a Family Change-of-Address means EVERYONE in the household with the same last name will have their mail forwarded to the address defined.


Business Pick this option if your business is relocating. Individual or Family orders that involve a business address as the old address will not be treated. Existing or former workers cannot have their “personal” mail forwarded from a business.
Note: All mail sent to the business name listed below will be forwarded to the new address you’re giving.